Servings and Ingredients
|6 c.||cubed dry bread|
|¾ c.||butter, melted|
|¼ c.||cream or low-sodium chicken broth|
|pepper, to taste|
|2 tbsp.||finely chopped onion|
|1 ¼ tsp.||sage|
|4 c.||cubed cooked chicken|
|4 tbsp.||flour or more as needed|
|4 c.||low-sodium chicken broth or combination of broth and milk|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a large casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, melted butter, cream, salt, pepper, onion and sage.
- Arrange cubed chicken evenly in prepared dish. Top with bread mixture.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in 4 cups broth and simmer, whisking frequently, until thickened. Pour evenly on top of bread mixture.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until golden brown. To serve, cut in squares.