Marge's Rum Cake
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c.||chopped nuts|
|1 packet(s)||butter pecan cake mix|
|¾ c.||water, divided|
|¾ c.||light or dark rum, divided|
|1||small pkg instant vanilla pudding mix|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and sugar Bundt pan. Place nuts in prepared pan.
- Beat together cake mix, eggs, oil, water, 1/2 cup rum and pudding mix. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
- While cake is baking, prepare glaze.
- To make glaze, combine butter, sugar, remaining 1/4 cup rum and 1/4 cup water in saucepan. Boil for 10 minutes. Pour over cake while both cake and glaze are HOT!
- Allow cake to cool in pan, about 1 hour, before turning out of pan.
- Cake is better after it has been frozen.