Servings and Ingredients
|½ c.||butter, at room temperature|
|¾ c.||sugar, divided|
|2 tbsp.||fresh lemon juice|
|1 ½ c.||flour plus 2 tbsp for dusting|
|½ tsp.||baking powder|
|zest of 1 lemon (about 3 tsp), divided|
|½ tsp.||dried rosemary leaves, crushed|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together butter and 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl at medium speed until fluffy. Beat in egg and lemon juice.
- Stir together 1-1/2 cups flour, baking powder, salt, 2 teaspoons lemon zest and rosemary. Gradually add to butter mixture. Beat at low speed until well-blended, scraping bowl once.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon peel in a small bowl.
- Spread 1 tablespoon flour on large sheet of waxed paper. Place 1/4 of dough on floured surface. Flatten slightly with hands. Turn dough over, flour lightly and cover with another large sheet of waxed paper. Roll dough between the two sheets of waxed paper to 1/4–inch thickness.
- Cut cookies out with floured, shaped cookie cutters. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet with large spatula. Place 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with sugar and lemon zest mixture.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown; cool completely.
70 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 45mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 9g
- Protein: 1g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 0%