Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c. Hy-Vee orange juice|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee soy sauce|
|¼ c. red wine|
|1 (3 lb) eye of round beef roast|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee parsley|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee garlic powder|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee onion powder|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee basil|
|½ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper|
|2 tbsp. packed Hy-Vee brown sugar|
|1 tsp. horseradish mustard|
|1 tsp. garlic and herb seasoning|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee meat tenderizer|
|½ to 3/4 tbsp Hy-Vee flour|
- In a large resealable bag, combine orange juice, soy sauce and wine. Add roast. Marinate 6 to 8 hours or overnight in refrigerator, turning meat occasionally.
- Remove roast from marinade. Discard leftover marinade.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Stir together remaining ingredients except flour. Rub into all sides of roast. Place roast in a greased baking pan. Bake for 5 minutes on each side.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Cover roast loosely with foil. Bake for 65 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees.
- Allow covered roast to rest for 10 minutes. Cut into slices on a surface that will collect juices from roast. Whisk together juices and flour. In a small pan, heat juices until slightly thickened. Spoon over roast slices.
280 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Sodium: 700mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 5g
- Protein: 37g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 6%