Servings and Ingredients
|4 (10-inch) bamboo skewers|
|1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound)|
|1 medium red onion, cut into 12 pieces|
|½ c. chopped fig preserves|
|2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar|
|1 tbsp. olive oil|
|1 tsp. minced garlic|
|½ tsp. salt|
|½ tsp. pepper|
- Soak bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Cut beef steak into sixteen 1-1/4-inch pieces. Alternately thread beef and onion pieces evenly onto skewers. Set aside.
- Combine preserves, vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in small bowl. Set aside 1/4 cup for dipping.
- Brush kabobs with some of remaining sauce. Place on preheated grill. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes on a charcoal grill (9 to 11 minutes over medium heat on preheated gas grill) for medium-rare (145 degrees) to medium (160 degrees) doneness, turning and basting with sauce every 2 minutes.
- Serve with reserved sauce for dipping.