Start with store-bought cookie dough and get straight the fun part—mix-ins, toppings, and fun holiday flavors.
1. Lightly grease cookie sheets; set aside.
2. Combine 1 (15.25-ounce) box moist supreme lemon cake mix, ¼ cup Hy-Vee canola oil, 2 tablespoons water, 1 teaspoon lemon zest and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a medium bowl. Refrigerate dough for 10 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Press thumb into the center of each cookie.
4. Bake for 11 minutes. Remove cookies from oven. If the cookie centers have pued up during baking, re-press with the back of a small spoon.
5. Fill cookie centers with lemon curd. Return cookies to oven and bake for 2 to 3 minutes more or until set.
6. Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool. If desired, garnish cookie centers with lemon zest and dust cookies with Hy-Vee powdered sugar. Makes 30.
Yeti Chow Cookies
1. Prepare 1 (16-ounce) package of Hy-Vee Select peanut butter cup cookie dough and bake according to package directions.
2. Combine ½ cup Hy-Vee creamy peanut butter and ½ cup Hy-Vee unsalted butter, softened, in a small saucepan. Stir in 1 cup Hy-Vee semisweet chocolate chips.
3. Cook over low heat until mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir in 1 teaspoon Hy-Vee vanilla extract.
4. Coat cooled cookies with chocolate mixture, then coat with Hy-Vee powdered sugar. Makes 16.
1. Combine 32-ounces of refrigerated chocolate cookie dough, softened, with chips and ½ cup Hy-Vee chopped pecans.
2. Bake cookies according to package directions.
3. Combine 1 (12.5-ounce) bag Hy-Vee caramels and ½ cup Hy-Vee half-and-half in a small saucepan.
4. Cook and stir over low heat until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
5. Drizzle caramel mixture over cooled cookies and top each with a candied pecan. Makes 60.
Ombré Sugar Cookies
1. Combine 1 (16.5-ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened, with ¼ cup Hy-Vee all-purpose flour. Divide dough into three portions. Tint portions with increased amounts of Hy-Vee red or green food coloring to get the ombré e ect. Roll each portion into a log.
2. Spray work surface with Hy-Vee nonstick cooking spray. Arrange logs, side by side, from lightest to darkest on prepared work surface. Using a rolling pin, gently roll on top of logs to form a rectangle. Wrap rolled dough tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut rolled dough crosswise into 1⁄4-inch-thick slices. Place slices 2 inches apart on cookie sheets and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool. Makes 20 to 24 cookies.
Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets; set aside.
2. Combine 32-ounces of refrigerated chocolate cookie dough with chips, softened, with ½ cup mini cinnamon baking chips.
3. Combine ½ cup Hy-Vee sugar, ¼ cup Hy-Vee baking cocoa, ½ teaspoon Hy-Vee Saigon ground cinnamon and ¼ to ½ teaspoon Hy-Vee cayenne pepper in a shallow dish.
4. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar mixture. Place balls 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until set. Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool. Sprinkle with Hy-Vee cayenne pepper. Makes 60.
Frosted Eggnog Cookies
1. Prepare 1 (17.5-ounce) package Hy-Vee sugar cookie mix according to package directions, except add 1½ teaspoons Hy-Vee ground nutmeg and 1 teaspoon rum extract.
2. Combine 1 (16-ounce) can Hy-Vee creamy buttercream frosting and 1 teaspoon rum extract; spread frosting on cooled cookies and sprinkle with additional Hy-Vee ground nutmeg. Makes 16.
Minty Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. Prepare 1 (14-ounce) package refrigerated mint chocolate chip cookie dough according to directions on the package.
2. Sprinkle with chopped peppermint patties candy during last 2 minutes of baking. Makes 24.
Peppermint Bark Cookies
1. Prepare 1 (17.5-ounce) package double chocolate chunk cookie mix according to package directions.
2. Melt 1 cup chopped vanilla almond bark according to package directions until melted.
3. Dip cooled cookies into melted almond bark until coated.
4. Sprinkle with crushed Hy-Vee Classic peppermint twist candy. Makes 16.