Hy-Vee Simple Fix recipes combine easy-to-make recipes with specials in the weekly print ad. See this week's print ad for savings.
Cheesy Potato Casserole
A new, simple recipe each week!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
- 1 (10.5 oz. can) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 package (30 oz.) Ore-Ida shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups crushed corn flake cereal
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 13x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together soup, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese, onion and hash browns until well mixed. Spoon evenly into baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cereal and butter. Sprinkle evenly on top of hash brown mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste if desired. Garnish with additional sliced green onion if desired.
|Daily nutritional values:
|25% vitamin A
|25% vitamin C
|Nutrition information per serving:
||Saturated Fat: 20g
|Dietary Fiber: 2g
||Trans fats: 0g
Past Simple Fix recipes:
Plan Your Meals Online
Sign up for a My Hy-Vee account and build a shopping list using our suggested menus and recipes. Click print and you're ready to shop!
Manage your personal recipe box
A - Z Food Index
Browse the A - Z index of food to get information, preparation tips and nutrition highlights.