As the warm, summer months come to an end, families are preparing their children to head back to school for another year of learning and achievement. Start your child’s day off right by providing a nutritious breakfast to fuel his/her success. Research shows kids who eat breakfast are more likely to have higher test scores, improved concentration and healthier body weights.
Top 3 Reasons To Reach For Toast
- Quick & Kid-Friendly: if your family has limited time in the morning to prepare a healthy breakfast, toast is an ideal choice. not only can toast be prepared in minutes, but it is also simple enough that kids can prepare it themselves.
- Economical: toast packs a nutritious punch and costs only a few cents per slice. as compared to breakfast pastries, doughnuts and other sugar-laden cereals, toast provides the most bang for your buck when it comes to both cost and nutrition.
- Nutritious: toast provides key nutrients such as fiber, protein, whole grains and B vitamins that are important for sustained energy throughout the day. toppings such as fruits, vegetables and nuts also provide beneficial nutrients to fuel a day of work and play.
Kid-Friendly Toast Toppers
- 1 slice whole grain bread + peanut butter + halved purple grapes
- 1 slice whole grain bread + refried beans + spoon of salsa + sprinkle of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 slice whole grain bread + one cinnamon cream Laughing Cow cream cheese wedge + banana slices
- 1 slice whole grain bread + almond butter + drizzle of honey + granola
- 1 slice whole grain bread + one Laughing Cow cheese wedge + cucumber slices + low-sodium deli ham slices
View the entire August HealthyBites newsletter