Always Safe, Always Accurate
For your well-being, every prescription filled at Hy-Vee goes through PRESCRIPTION SAFETY VERIFICATION before you take it home. This important safety verification includes the following:
- PERSONAL RECORD - Verify your contact information.
- PRESCRIPTION ACCURACY - Ensure all prescription details are entered correctly.
- ALLERGIES - Review your personal health record for known allergies.
- OVER-THE-COUNTER INTERACTIONS - Look for unsafe interactions with off-the-shelf medications you’ve told us about.
- PRESCRIPTION INTERACTIONS - Review your current prescriptions for potential interactions.
- APPROPRIATE DOSAGE - Review your personal health record to confirm the dosage is right for your age, gender and health conditions you’ve told us about.
- REFILL FREQUENCY - Check whether your refill is too early.
- CORRECT MEDICATION - Visually inspect the medication and confirm label for accuracy.
- ELECTRONIC CHECK - Perform an electronic check to ensure previous safeguards have been completed.
- CONSULTATION - Inform you about important information and answer questions about your medications.