Winter Squash Custard
Pumpkin and winter squash custards are topped with toasted pecans for a tempting holiday side dish.
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 16 oz can pumpkin
- 1 12 oz package frozen winter squash, defrosted
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F. Beat eggs, sugar, salt, and spice in large bowl until blended. Add pumpkin, squash, and pecans; mix well. Pour into greased 2-quart baking dish; smooth top.
- Bake in center of 350°F oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, 30–35 minutes.
Calories from Fat 48 (29%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 27g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.