Pear Salad with Pomegranate Honey-Dijon Dressing and Blue Cheese Crumbles
A bite of this salad will send you over the moon—ripe pears, crunchy almonds, and tangy blue cheese are made for each other.
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs Dijon-style mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 lb salad greens
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted almonds, sliced
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 ripe d'Anjou pears
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Pomegranate Honey Dijon DressingIn a large mixing bowl, combine the pomegranate juice, white vinegar, lemon juice and zest, honey, and Dijon mustard.
- Slowly whisk in the oil, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pear SaladToss the salad greens with just enough pomegranate honey Dijon dressing to lightly coat.
- Top with sliced almonds, blue cheese crumbles, and sliced pears. Garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds.
Calories from Fat 315 (74%)
(56%)Total Fat 36g
(25%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 9g
Monounsaturated Fat 20g
Total Carbohydrate 24g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.