Grilled Salmon with Strawberry Ginger Salsa
This award-winning recipe serves up salmon with a sweet and savory fresh salsa that looks as good as it tastes.
- 6 salmon fillets (or fish of your choice), skinless
- Strawberry Ginger Salsa1 English or seedless cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs cilantro, cut into strips
- 3 Tbs ginger rice wine vinegar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and diced small
- 1 yellow pepper
- Honey-Lemon Sauce1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- Mix cucumbers, green onion, cilantro, yellow pepper, and vinegar. Cover and chill at least one hour. Just before serving, add strawberries.
- In a small saucepan melt butter with garlic over low heat. Stir in honey, soy sauce, and lemon juice and cook 2 minutes, set aside.
- Prepare a charcoal grill, when ready brush sauce on salmon pieces and place on a well-oiled fish grilling rack.
- Place rack over coals about 4 inches from fire and grill approximately 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Brush with the sauce again after turning, and again when done. Transfer to warm platter, slice salmon and top with salsa.
Calories from Fat 206 (45%)
(36%)Total Fat 23g
(44%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 9g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.