Baked Potato Nachos
Baked potato wedges take the place of tortilla chips in this Mexican style appetizer.
- 1 1/2 lb russet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 1 1/2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Mexican seasoning blend
- 1 cup Mexican shredded cheese blend
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 Tbs canned diced green chilies
- Salsa, guacamole, and sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place potatoes into a medium bowl with the oil, garlic salt, and Mexican seasoning. Stir well to coat potatoes.
- Transfer to a large baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring several times, until crisp and golden brown.
- Top with cheese, beans, tomatoes, olives, onions, and chilies. Bake for 5 minutes longer to melt the cheese. Serve with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream, if desired.
Calories from Fat 117 (37%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(21%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 41g
(23%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.