Apple Salad with Candied Bacon and Goat Cheese
Toasted walnuts, peppery arugula, and creamy goat cheese mingle with crisp bacon and apples—this salad hits every flavor note!
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 3 Honeycrisp apples, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 4 oz goat cheese, cubed
- 3 cups baby arugula
- Dressing2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Fry bacon until crisp, then drain off most of fat.
- Add maple syrup and brown sugar to pan, cook and stir until bacon is well coated with melted sugar. Remove from pan onto parchment paper.
- Combine apples, walnuts, goat cheese ,and arugula in a large bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and toss with salad. Garnish with bacon.
Calories from Fat 211 (65%)
(37%)Total Fat 24g
(32%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 21g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.