The Peanut Butter Sandwich: Reinvented
Who said that peanut butter sandwich are boring or just for kids? Here's a way to get creative with a childhood favorite!
- 2 slices sprouted whole-grain wheat bread
- 3-4 walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1/2 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs peanut butter
- 1 Tbs Almond butter
- Spread the peanut and almond butter mixture on both slices of bread and top one half with sliced bananas
- Chop 3 to 4 walnuts, and add on top of the banana slices along with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzle of honey
- Top with the slice of bread that already has peanut/almond butter spread on it, and put into the panini press (or grill in a pan if you don’t have a panini press).
- Once the top has browned and is slightly crispy, remove from panini press and let cool for 1 to 2 min.
- Cut sandwich in half.
Calories from Fat 248 (48%)
(46%)Total Fat 30g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 12g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrate 56g
(32%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.