Oat-Raisin Applesauce Cookies
The addition of applesauce makes for super moist cookies—sure to become a family favorite!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups raw, old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Stir together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In large mixer bowl, beat together margarine and sugar on medium speed until combined.
- Add egg whites, applesauce, and vanilla; beat well.
- Add flour mixture, mixing on low speed until thoroughly combined. Stir in rolled oats and raisins.
- Using a slightly rounded measuring tablespoon, drop onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° F for about 13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for two minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.
Calories from Fat 74 (22%)
(13%)Total Fat 8g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 64g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.