Kale and Potato Salad
A unique potato salad using curly kale, walnuts, and fresh scallions.
- 1 lb petite Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, sliced and divided
- 3/4 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- Salt, pepper, and sugar to taste
- 7 cups chopped green curly kale, tough ribs and stems removed
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 oz Gorgonzola cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in upper third of oven.
- Toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil, half the shallots, salt, and pepper and spread evenly on a baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes then add asparagus to baking sheet; roast for 10 minutes more or until potatoes are golden brown and tender.
- Puree remaining olive oil, shallots, vinegar, and yogurt in a blender or small food processor. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and sugar.
- While the vegetables are cooking, place 1 inch of water in a large pot. Bring to a boil then add kale; cook for 1 minute or until kale is bright green and lightly wilted, tossing constantly with tongs. Drain excess water.
- Toss kale with potatoes and scallions and top with walnuts and Gorgonzola.
Calories from Fat 126 (43%)
(22%)Total Fat 15g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 37g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.