Grilled Lamb Antipasto with Fresh Basil-Rosemary Vinaigrette
Present this Italian appetizer at your next party—and get ready for an applause!
- 2 lamb leg steaks, 1-inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, halved
- 1 red onion, halved
- 2 6 oz jars, marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 3.5 oz can pitted olives, drained
- 3 Tbs peperoncini, thinly sliced
- 1 large artichoke for garnish (optional)
- Fresh Basil-Rosemary Vinaigrette2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbs rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tbs capers
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp seasoned pepper
- Grill lamb over medium-hot coals.
- Cook lamb, bell peppers, and onion four inches from coals for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium, or 170ºF for well.
- Turn vegetables frequently until cooked.
- Slice lamb and vegetables 1/4-inch thick, set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine ingredients for vinaigrette: oil, vinegar, onion, basil, rosemary, garlic, capers, salt, and seasoned pepper.
- Cover and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine lamb, grilled vegetables, artichoke hearts, olives, and peperoncini.
- Pour vinaigrette over meat-vegetable mixture; toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours; serve.
Calories from Fat 292 (73%)
(50%)Total Fat 33g
(54%)Saturated Fat 11g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 18g
Total Carbohydrate 9g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.