East Meets West Steak Salad
Western and Asian favorites mingle nicely in this tasty fusion dish.
- 2 beef shoulder center (ranch) steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup prepared regular or reduced fat Asian-style dressing
- 1 package (1 pound) coleslaw mix
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed, cut diagonally in half or 3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame, defrosted
- 1/4 cup honey-roasted peanuts, chopped or slivered almonds, toasted
- Place beef steaks and 1/4 cup dressing in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Toss coleslaw mix, snow peas and peanuts with remaining 1/2 cup dressing in large bowl until well coated. Add beef; toss to combine.
Calories from Fat 281 (56%)
(48%)Total Fat 31g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 22g
(28%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.