Creamy Asparagus and Olive Bowties
Try this easy pasta meal when you crave something rich, creamy and delicious in a flash.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 cups (12 ounces) asparagus sliced into 2-inch pieces, blanched
- 1 cup olives, halved
- 3/4 cup sliced sundried tomatoes, hydrated
- 7 cups (1 1/4 pounds) cooked farfalle pasta
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until translucent. Stir in chicken stock, cream, mustard, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes. Mix in asparagus, olives and sundried tomatoes. Toss in pasta and cook for 3-4 minutes until heated through.
Calories from Fat 102 (17%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(17%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 102g
(25%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.