Chocolate BaNilla Cake with BaNilla Creme Anglaise
This classic bundt cake can be made with a modern twist: yogurt.
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup lowfat BaNilla yogurt
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (best quality, Dutch processed)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- BaNilla Anglaise:1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup lowfat BaNilla yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar until very light and fluffy scraping down sides of mixer and bowl a couple of times. Mix in eggs one at a time. Sift dry ingredients together. Add alternately with BaNilla yogurt.
- Prep bundt pan and spoon batter in evenly all around. Bake 45-50 minute. Cool. Unmold. Slice and serve with BaNilla Anglaise, fresh fruits, ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- To make the Anglaise, whisk together milk, sugar and eggs in a small sauce pan. Over low heat stir constantly until custard thickens to coat the back of the spoon and you can see steam coming up from surface of liquid. Do not boil. Remove from heat and whisk in yogurt. Serve chilled.
Calories from Fat 141 (38%)
(25%)Total Fat 16g
(47%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 53g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.