Chicken Salad Chapala
Baked tortilla wedges are served alongside a tangy bean and chicken salad.
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 16 oz cooked chicken breast, shredded or cubed
- 1 15 oz can pinto or red kidney beans, rinsed and drained (or 1 1/2 cups cooked pinto or red kidney beans)
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained (or 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans)
- 1 cup cubed mango
- 1 med zucchini, cut in half and sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions and tops, chopped
- 6 cups salad greens, torn
- Honey-Cumin Vinaigrette1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 to 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs honey
- 2 to 3 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Cut each tortilla into six wedges; spray tops with cooking spray. Bake on cookie sheet at 375° F. until browned and crisp, 5 to 8 minutes; set aside.
- Mix all ingredients for the Honey-Cumin Vinaigrette; set aside.
- Combine chicken, beans, mango, zucchini, bell pepper, and green onions in bowl; pour Honey-Cumin Vinaigrette over and toss.
- Arrange salad greens on serving plates and spoon chicken salad over; garnish with reserved tortilla wedges.
Calories from Fat 84 (20%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 50g
(39%)Dietary Fiber 10g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.