Chesapeake Filet with Cream of Crab Soup
Microwaved crab soup with whole crab chunks makes a quick sauce for filet mignon.
- 3 Tbsp divided butter
- 4 4 oz filet mignon or other beef cuts, trimmed of fat
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced*
- 1/4 cup sweet (cream) sherry
- 1 cup cream of crab soup, 15 oz. pkg.
- 1 8 oz can crab meat
- Microwave soup until thawed, but still cold. Measure out 1 c. for use. Immediately cover and refrigerate remaining soup.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in large sauté pan over medium high heat
- Add filets and brown on all side. When filets have reached desired doneness, remove from pan and set aside in warm oven.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. butter to pan and sauté mushrooms until soft, about 3-5 min.
- Add Sherry and sauté until slightly reduced, 2 more minutes.
- Add soup and heat, stirring frequently, until hot, but not boiling.
- Stir in crabmeat and heat through. Gently spoon sauce over reserved.filets.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Substitution Tip: You can substitute canned, sliced mushrooms, drained for crab meat.
Calories from Fat 127 (40%)
(22%)Total Fat 15g
(39%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.