Berry Bean Smoothie
The ultimate smoothie—fiber-rich beans are blended with sweet strawberries and tangy pineapple juice.
- 15 oz cooked and cooled great Northern beans (substitute a can of beans, drained and rinsed, if desired)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups quartered strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 3 Tbs honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 ice cubes (crushed works best)
- In a blender or food processor, process all ingredients, except ice cubes.
- Add ice cubes and blend until smooth. Serve in glasses.
Calories from Fat 8 (3%)
(1%)Total Fat 1g
(1%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 57g
(38%)Dietary Fiber 10g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.