BBQ Shrimp Quesadillas
Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD & Liz Weiss, MS, RD
Precooked shrimp, barbecue sauce, and frozen corn make this a quick lunch or weeknight meal.
- 8 oz cooked shrimp, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, roasted or grilled and finely diced
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbs all-natural barbecue sauce
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 2 tsp canola oil
- Combine the shrimp, bell pepper, corn kernels, cheese, and barbecue sauce in a bowl. Divide the mixture evenly and spread over half of each tortilla. Fold over, press down gently, and set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add two of the quesadillas and cook until the tortillas become crisp and golden on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip the tortillas and cook an additional 2 minutes. Repeat with the remaining oil and quesadillas.
- Cut into quarters and serve.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 83 (23%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 46g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.