BBQ Pork Salad with Summer Fruits & Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
A refreshing meal to end a hot summer day! You can vary this recipe by using whatever fruit is in season.
- 4 cooked pork chops, sliced
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 2 nectarines, cut into 12-wedges each
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- 2 avocados, cut into wedges
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbs salad oil
- 2 Tbs toasted almonds, slivered
- salt and black pepper
- Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1/2 Tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 2 Tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3/8 cup salad oil
- For the Vinaigrette: In a blender, combine all ingredients except oil. Blend at medium speed for one minute. Next, with blender at medium speed, pour oil very slowly into blender. Add salt and pepper.
- For each serving, toss 2 cups greens with 2 tablespoons dressing, top with 4 cherry tomatoes, 1 sliced pork chop, 1/2 avocado, sliced in wedges, 1/2 nectarine sliced in wedges, 1/4 grapefruit segments. Drizzle with more dressing and sprinkle with toasted almonds. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 420 (64%)
(74%)Total Fat 48g
(40%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 31g
Total Carbohydrate 38g
(45%)Dietary Fiber 11g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.