Baked Chili-Cheese Fries
Spicy baked fries covered in a gooey cheese blend.
- 6 russet potatoes (or potato of your choice)
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cilantro
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place whole potatoes (do not poke) into microwave-safe covered dish.
- Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool.
- Cut each potato lengthwise into eight, even wedges.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the chili powder, chopped cilantro, onion powder, garlic power, and ground cumin; set aside.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle spice mixture onto potatoes and toss to coat.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the potatoes are crisp, rotate and cook an additional 10 minutes until dark golden brown on all sides.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese onto cooked fries and bake for another minute or two to melt cheese. Transfer to a plate and serve.
Calories from Fat 36 (20%)
(6%)Total Fat 4g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.