Asparagus Soup with Fried Egg Baguette
For a quick anytime meal, this warming soup provides taste and comfort.
- 2 1/2 cups ready-to-serve reduced fat chicken broth
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices French bread, toasted
- 6 fried eggs
- Heat broth in large saucepan to simmering. Add asparagus and onion. Bring to a boil and cook until asparagus is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in half-and-half and cream cheese; cook over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Ladle soup into six small bowls. Top with toast and fried egg. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 162 (42%)
(29%)Total Fat 19g
(39%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 34g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.