Reduce Your Cancer Risk...
Studies suggest the link between body fat and cancer risk is stronger than previously thought. Because of the overwhelming evidence, the American institute of cancer Research (AICR) recommends maintaining a healthy weight throughout life to best reduce your chances of developing cancer.
How to measure waist circumference:
- Place tape measure around waist above tip of hipbone.
- Measure waist after exhaling.
- High health risk if waist measures:
≥31.5” for females
≥37” for males
- Powerful cancer protection.
- Glucosinolates may help activate body’s detoxifying system.
Try eating 3-4 servings each week
- Brussels sprouts
3 ways to help lose inches & pounds
- 30 minutes physical activity every day
- 1/2 plate full of fruits & vegetables
- 3 bottles of 20-ounce water
This newsletter is brought to you by your Hy-Vee Registered Dietitian
View the entire April HealthyBites newsletter