There’s news about your health and the fats you eat that may surprise you... you don’t have to avoid fat! The key is to replace saturated fats in your diet with unsaturated fats as much as possible. An example of this would be to simply replace a high-fat salad topping (bacon) with nuts.
Research has shown substituting 5% of saturated fat in the diet with more heart-healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats may decrease the risk of developing heart disease by 7%.
Celebrate National Heart Healthy month by taking steps to protect your heart with healthy, unsaturated fats. It may be easier than you think!
Which types of fats should I look For?
- Omega 3s (Polyunsaturated Fat)
- Omega 6s (Polyunsaturated Fat)
- Omega 9s (Monounsaturated Fat)
What are the possible benefits?
- Healthy Heart
- Improved Blood Cholesterol
- Blood Sugar Control
- Brain Development & Function
- Improved Mood
- Way Better Snacks® Tortilla Chips and Crackers
- Sun Chips® Multigrain Snacks
- Orville Redenbacher® Gourmet Popcorn
- Hy-Vee® Natural Peanut Butter
- Back to Nature® Nut Mixes
- Nabisco® Triscuit Crackers
- Somersaults Snack Co.® Sunflower Snacks
- Tostitos® Tortilla Chips
- Hy-Vee® HealthMarket Organic Tortilla Chips
- Planters NUT-rition® Heart Healthy Mix
- Kashi® Cereals, Snacks and Bars
- Hy-Vee Select® Pita Chips
View the entire February HealthyBites newsletter