This Halloween, don’t think your gluten-free little ones can’t enjoy trick-or-treating. The following is a list of gluten-free candy, although it’s not all-inclusive and there are other gluten-free goodies on the market. Always make sure to check a product’s label to verify its gluten-free status as manufacturers may change ingredients or facilities.
- Almond Joy and Mounds Bars (except Almond Joy Pieces candy)
- Heath Bars
- Hershey’s Air Delight (aerated milk chocolate bar)
- Hershey’s Kisses (including milk chocolate and all filled varieties)
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar and Milk Chocolate with Almonds Bar (1.55 oz or 1.45 oz only)
- Hershey’s Milk Duds
- Hershey’s Nuggets (including milk chocolate, milk chocolate with almonds, special dark chocolate with almonds and extra creamy milk chocolate with toffee and almonds)
- Payday Candy
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (except seasonal shapes)
- Reese’s Pieces Candy (except Reese’s Pieces Eggs)
- Scharffen Berger Bars (including 70% bittersweet chocolate, 82% extra dark chocolate, 41% milk chocolate, 62% semisweet dark, 99% unsweetened dark chocolate baking, 70% bittersweet baking chunks)
- SKOR and SKOR Toffee bar
- York Peppermint Patties (except York Pieces candy, York minis and York shapes)
Just Born Inc.
- Goldenberg’s Peanut Chews (including Bite-Size Chewy Pieces Combo bag, Milk Chocolatey and Original Dark)
- Mike and Ike (including Hot Tamales, Original Fruit, Tangy Twister, Zours Chewy Sour candy)
- Peeps (including chocolate mousse-flavored cats, dark chocolate-covered pumpkins, dark chocolate-dipped orange chicks, ghosts marshmallow candy, milk chocolate-covered pumpkins, milk chocolate-dipped orange chicks, pumpkins marshmallow candy, sugar-free pumpkins marshmallow NOT including Peeps snack-size mini marshmallow chicks)
- Teenee Beanee jelly beans
Mars encourages consumers to read the label before purchasing and look for the “May contain [allergen]” label. During Halloween some candy is produced at alternative facilities that may provide gluten cross-contamination risks.
- 3 Musketeers Bar (all flavors)
- Dove Chocolate (all flavors except milk chocolate cinnamon graham, cookies & cream and roasted almonds covered in silky smooth milk chocolate or dark chocolate)
- M&M’s (all flavors except M&M’s pretzel, M&M’s raspberry, M&M’s snack mix, M&M’s dark mint and M&M’s mega)
- Milky Way Midnight Bar and Caramel Bar (except all Milky Way original and bite-size products (contains barley))
- Snickers Bar (all flavors except Snickers Egg products)
- Banana Splits Chews
- Canada Mint, Wintergreen and Spearmint Lozenges
- Candy House Candy Buttons
- Haviland Chocolate Stars, Nonpareils, Thin Mints, Wintergreen Patty
- Mary Jane (including Mary Jane peanut butter kisses)
- Mint Julep Chews
- Necco Chocolate Wafers
- Necco Wafers
- Baby Ruth
- Butterfinger (does not include Butterfinger Crisp, Butterfinger Giant Bar, Butterfinger Medallions, Butterfinger Pumpkins, Butterfinger Snackerz)
- Nestle Goobers
- Nestle Milk Chocolate
- Nestle Nips
- Nestle Oh Henry!
- Nestle Raisinets
- Nestle Sno-Caps
- Nestle Spree
- Nestle Treasures
- Wonka Bottlecaps
- Wonka Gobstoppers (including chewy and original)
- Wonka Laffy Taffy (including Fruitarts Chews and Laffy Taffy Rope)
- Wonka Lik-M-Aid Fun Dip
- Wonka Mix-Ups
- Wonka Nerds (including Nerds Gumballs and Nerds Rope)
- Wonka Pixy Stix
- Wonka Runts (including chewy and original)
- Wonka Shockers
- Wonka Sweetarts
- Candy Tree lollipops and licorice
- Endangered Species Chocolate will be clearly labeled if gluten-free
- Heavenly Organics (including Honey Pattie Chocolate Almond-Healthy Candy, Honey Pattie Chocolate Ginger-Healthy Candy, Honey Pattie Chocolate Mint-Healthy Candy, Honey Pattie Chocolate Pomegranate-Healthy Candy)
- Righteously Raw Chocolates are labeled with the CSA Celiac Sprue Gluten-Free Certification label
- Surf Sweets Gummies
- TruJoy Sweets fruit chews (order code 230579)
- Yummy Earth lollipops and gummies
The entire SMARTIES line of products is gluten-free. Smarties suggests checking the UPC number. If it begins with “0 11206,” the product is manufactured in a gluten-free facility.
Tootsie Roll Industries
All Tootsie products are gluten-free except for Andes Cookies.
All U.S. Wrigley products follow all FDA labeling regulations. If the use of gluten is critical to the taste of a Wrigley product, then gluten-containing ingredients are labeled. Wrigley advises consumers concerned with gluten sensitivities to read the label and check with their doctors if they have questions.
To the best of our knowledge the following items are gluten-free. While thought to be correct as of September 2014, this list should not be considered a substitute for independent examination and confirmation of the ingredients used in any identified product, which ingredients vary from time to time and Hy-Vee, Inc. makes no representations or warranties whatsoever regarding this list, its accuracy, or the fitness of any product for any particular purpose.