5 Reasons To Eat More Boom Chicka Pop Popcorn
- A smart snack for weight loss. Its fiber helps you feel full faster and longer.
- Only 35 calories per cup for Boom Chicka Pop sea salt popcorn.
- A whole grain. Eating more whole grains may reduce the risk of diseases such as stroke or heart disease.
- Zero trans fats, a better choice for heart health.
- Certified gluten-free.
Chicago Party Mix
Serves 28 (1/2 cup each)
All you need:
- 3 cups Hy-Vee Toasted Corn cereal
- 3 cups Hy-Vee Toasted Wheat cereal
- 2 cups Hy-Vee Toasted Rice cereal
- 2 cups Hy-Vee Reduced-Fat bite-size square cheese crackers, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar or molasses
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups Angie’s BOOM CHICKA POP White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
All you do:
- In a large microwavable bowl, mix cereals and 1 cup cheese crackers; set aside.
- Place butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt in 2-cup microwavable measuring cup. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute 30 seconds. Stir; microwave on HIGH until bubbling. Remove from microwave; stir in baking soda. Mixture will foam a little, but keep mixing until baking soda is dissolved. Pour mixture over the cereal and crackers; stir until fully coated.
- Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes, stirring after every minute. Spread coated mixture on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Let cool for about 5 minutes to let caramel fully harden. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup cheese crackers and the 3 cups popcorn.
Nutrition per serving: 100 calories, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate (1 g fiber, 7 g sugars), 1 g protein. Recipe adapted from General Mills.
The information is not intended as medical advice. Please consult a medical professional for individual advice.