Did you know?
Hy-Vee Bakery Fresh 100% whole-grain cocktail buns each have 3 grams of fiber and are made with whole-wheat flour.
- The fiber and complex carbohydrates in whole grains help provide a slower release of energy and helps control appetite.
- Whole grains provide insoluble fiber, important for digestive health and regularity.
- Other healthy nutrients found in whole grains include B vitamins, vitamin E, magnesium and disease-fighting phytochemicals.
- Medical evidence has found whole grains may reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, certain cancers, diabetes and obesity.
Easy to Use:
- Enjoy with holiday meals and entertaining.
- Use as sandwich slider bun with leftover turkey.
- Serve with soups and stews.
Smoked Turkey Whole-Grain Slider
All you need:
- 4 Hy-Vee Bakery Fresh 100% whole-grain cocktail buns
- 1⁄4 cup apple butter, divided
- 1⁄4 pound Di Lusso deli sliced smoked turkey or leftover turkey, divided
- 2 (1 oz each) slices Havarti cheese, halved and divided
- 1 medium apple, such as Granny Smith or Braeburn, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 fresh lettuce leaves
All you do:
- Place buns on cutting board and split open. Spread apple butter evenly on top side of each bun.
- On the bottom bun half without apple butter, place 1 oz. turkey, a half slice of Havarti cheese, one-fourth the apple slices and a lettuce leaf. Repeat for other 3 bun halves.
- Top each prepared bun bottom with the top half, apple-butter-side down.
Nutrition facts per serving: 230 calories, 8 g fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 600 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g sugar, 12 g protein. Daily Values: 40% Vitamin A, 6% Vitamin C, 15% calcium, 15% iron. Source: Adapted from Tri-Foods International.
The information is not intended as medical advice. Please consult a medical professional for individual advice.