Strawberry and Fava Bean Salad with Pecorino
The sharpness of the Pecorina cheese, combined with the peppery arugula, complements the velvety texture of the Fava beans in this delicious salad.
- kosher or sea salt
- 2 cups shelled fresh fava beans (about 2 pounds in pods)
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 cups arugula
- pecorino cheese
- In a large pot over high heat, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and the fava beans. Boil 1 minute; drain and cool fava beans in ice water. Drain fava beans; pinch one end and slip off tough skins of larger beans (skin on small beans is not usually tough). Discard skins.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice. In a large bowl, season shelled fava beans and strawberries with salt and pepper. Add rucola and enough dressing to coat salad lightly. Mix gently and spoon onto a platter or 6 salad plates. With a vegetable peeler, shave cheese generously over salad. Grind more pepper on top.
Calories from Fat 44 (45%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(3%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.