Pepper Herb-Crusted Beef Tenderloin
Peppercorns, garlic and basil will make this savory tenderloin a family favorite.
- 1 whole beef tenderloin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- Seasoning salt
- 2 tsp cracked mixed peppercorns
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- Heat oven to 425°F. Combine seasoning ingredients; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425°F oven 50 to 60 minutes for medium rare; 60 to 70 minutes for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve roast into thick slices; season with salt, as desired.
Calories from Fat 66 (38%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 0g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.