Margarita Beef with Orange Salsa
Tequila and lime juice help to tenderize the beef top round steak.
- 1 beef top round steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- Marinade:2/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, defrosted
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp each salt and dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- Orange Salsa:2 diced peeled oranges
- 1 small chopped red onion
- 1 minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 16 to 18 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning occasionally. Carve into thin slices. Serve with orange salsa.
- Orange Salsa:Combine all salsa ingredients in a non-metallic bowl. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
To broil, place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 17 to 18 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning once.
Calories from Fat 176 (41%)
(30%)Total Fat 20g
(27%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 21g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.