This dish makes excellent leftovers for snacks and lunch.
- 4 cups water
- 1 15-ounce (425-g) can black beans, well drained
- 2 cups dry couscous
- 2 large carrots, chopped into small squares
- 4–5 celery sticks, chopped into small pieces
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, minced
- Feta cheese* (optional)
- Marinade:1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 Tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 Tbs mellow white miso
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper oil
- 1–2 Tbs (15–30mL) honey (or to taste)
- Place couscous in large glass bowl. Bring water to a boil and then pour over couscous. Cover and let sit for 5–10 minutes. Remove lid and let cool.
- Place chopped vegetables and fresh herbs in bowl and mix well. Pour marinade over entire bowl and mix again. Eat warm with feta cheese sprinkled on top or chill and then serve.
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Calories from Fat 142 (38%)
(25%)Total Fat 16g
(13%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 48g
(26%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.