Calypso Beef Burgers
Jerk seasoning and mango chutney put a Caribbean twist on your average burger.
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 2 tsp Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 4 fresh or canned pineapple slices, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 4 Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- Combine ground beef, chutney and jerk seasoning in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange pineapple slices around patties. Grill patties, uncovered, 11 to 13 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 8 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. Grill pineapple, uncovered, 8 minutes or until heated through. (Gas grilling times remain the same.) About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place rolls, cut sides down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted. During last minute of grilling, top each burger with cheese.
- Place 1 burger and pineapple slice on bottom of each bun. Close sandwiches.
Calories from Fat 161 (34%)
(28%)Total Fat 18g
(40%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 46g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.