Broccoli Rabe Italiano
The bitterness of broccoli rabe is an unusual treat. It goes well with pasta dishes or grilled chicken.
- 1 lb broccoli rabe, (about 4 cups)
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
- Wash broccoli rabe and cut off the bottom-inch of stem if it is very tough.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch (30cm) skillet. Add garlic slices and sauté for 1 minute. Add broccoli rabe and toss to coat with the oil. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, until the broccoli is a dark, vibrant green and tender.
- Add salt and hot pepper flakes and stir to combine flavors. Serve while hot.
Calories from Fat 62 (66%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 7g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.