Autumn Apple, Ham, and Goat Cheese Salad
In this salad, smoky ham and sweet apples are highlighted by goat cheese and walnuts.
- 6 oz cooked boneless ham, cut into match-stick size strips
- 3 5 oz bags spring mix salad greens
- 3 gala apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds, or dried cranberries
- package glazed walnuts, or 1 1/2 cups toasted walnut pieces
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced, halved and separated into pieces
- 2/3-3/4 cup bottled champagne, or balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Combine salad greens, apples, pomegranate seeds, walnuts and onion in very large salad bowl. Pour vinaigrette over mixture; gently toss until lightly coated.
- Spoon salad mixture onto individual salad plates. Top with ham; sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 172 (59%)
(31%)Total Fat 20g
(18%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 12g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 18g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.