Asian Beef & Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 4 cups assorted fresh vegetables, such as sugar snap peas, broccoli florets, bell pepper strips and shredded carrot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup prepared stir-fry sauce, preferably sesame-ginger flavor
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted dry-roasted peanuts (optional)
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Combine vegetables and 3 tablespoons water in large nonstick skillet. Cover and cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and drain.
- Heat same pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef and 1/2 of garlic; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove. Repeat with remaining beef and garlic.
- Return all beef and vegetables to pan. Add stir-fry sauce and red pepper; heat through. Spoon over rice. Sprinkle with peanuts, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc, and a good source of fiber.
Calories from Fat 108 (18%)
(27%)Total Fat 17g
(26%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 143g
(74%)Dietary Fiber 18g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.