Turkey Soup with Angel Hair Pasta
Leftover turkey? Not a problem with this savory soup. If you have the time, make your own stock with the turkey carcass; otherwise, chicken broth will work.
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 6 cups broth, turkey stock or chicken broth
- 16 oz turkey, cooked, cut into 1-inch (2.5cm) pieces
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbs ginger root, minced
- 1 tsp soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tsp Herbes de Provence
- 3 cups spinach leaves, fresh, chopped
- 4 oz angel hair pasta, broken in half, uncooked
- Spray a large soup pot with vegetable oil spray and sauté onions until translucent.
- Add turkey stock or chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add turkey, carrots, red pepper, ginger, soy sauce, and Herbes de Provence.
- Simmer uncovered until carrots are soft but not completely done.
- Add spinach and pasta to soup.
- Cook until pasta is al dente. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 40 (16%)
(7%)Total Fat 4g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 39g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.