White wine and butter make this an especially decadent version of shrimp scampi.
- 16 jumbo (U/15) shrimp, (peeled and deveined)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 2 ounces whole butter cut into small cubes
- 2 ounces dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chopped Italian parsley
- juice of 1 lemon
- 6 ounces shrimp stock or chicken stock
- 4 ounces dry capellini pasta or angel hair
- 2 roma tomatoes peeled, seeded and diced small
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook 4 ounces of dry pasta in 2 quarts salted boiling water until cooked to your taste, drain and reserve.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and sauté the shrimp in olive oil turning once after 1 minute. Add garlic and sauté 1 more minute.
- Add tomatoes, wine and lemon juice, reduce by half. Add stock and parsley and bring to simmer.
- Slowly stir in whole butter and remove from heat. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Add cooked pasta and toss to coat with sauce.
- To serveTwirl pasta into 4 even portions in a medium pasta bowl or shallow plate. Place shrimp around pasta and spoon remaining sauce over pasta and shrimp.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 178 (41%)
(31%)Total Fat 20g
(43%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 48g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.