Prosciutto Wrapped Figs and Arugula Salad
Serve as an appetizer—just make the little savory bundles of figs wrapped in prosciutto and then serve the salad with dinner.
- Fig Vinaigrette1/2 cup chopped fresh California figs
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 3 Tbs sherry, raspberry, or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Arugula Salad4 cups baby arugula
- 8 small fresh California figs
- 2 oz blue cheese, divided
- 8 strips prosciutto
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Fig VinaigretteCombine figs, olive oil, vinegar, and garlic in blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Arugula SaladDivide and arrange arugula on four salad plates. Starting at stem end, cut figs in half nearly through but leaving blossom end intact.
- Press 1/2 tablespoon cheese in center of each and press halves together.
- Wrap each fig with prosciutto and secure with toothpick.
- Grill over high heat, 5 minutes, turning frequently, and basting with balsamic vinegar. As soon as prosciutto is crisp, remove from grill and arrange two figs on each plate.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and pine nuts. Serve dressing on the side.
Calories from Fat 199 (61%)
(35%)Total Fat 23g
(26%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 21g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.