Lamb Chops With Fresh Bell Peppers and Basil
Sweet and subtle stir-fried vegetables balance out peppery and bold lamb chops in this quick dish.
- 4 lamb shoulder chops (blade or round bone), cut 3/4-inch thick
- 2 tsp lemon pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp seasoned pepper
- Season lamb chops with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and rosemary.
- In large skillet, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and sauté chops, browning well on each side, and cooking to desired degree of doneness.
- Remove chops from skillet to heat-proof platter; cover and keep warm.
- Wipe out skillet and heat remaining oil.
- Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic.
- Quickly stir-fry vegetables for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add almonds, basil, vinegar, salt, and pepper and stir-fry an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour over chops and serve.
Calories from Fat 177 (58%)
(31%)Total Fat 20g
(22%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 7g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.