Lamb Chops with Artichoke Tapenade
Broil, grill, or pan fry these lamb chops, then take them to the next level with a savory olive-artichoke tapenade.
- 4 lamb chops (loin, rib, sirloin, or shoulder)
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 med fennel bulb (1 cup), diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup imported green and black olives, chopped
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, or medium skillet and over medium heat, cook garlic in oil until just golden brown around the edges.
- Stir in fennel, olives, and artichoke; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, rosemary, and oregano; continue cooking until mixture is just heated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook times will vary depending on thickness of chops. For 1-inch thick chops, broil, grill, or pan fry chops over medium heat for approximately 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. Spoon warmed tapenade over chops.
Calories from Fat 399 (79%)
(70%)Total Fat 45g
(53%)Saturated Fat 11g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 17g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.