Grilled Lamb Pizza with Basil-Mint Pesto, Roasted Garlic, Olives, and Arugula
Recipe from Chef Jim Botsacos, Molyvos (New York)
Pizza reinvented! This one with mouth-watering mint added to make a pesto that pairs perfectly with lamb.
- Pizza2 prepared and/or partially baked pizza crusts (10- to 12-inch)
- 1/2 cup Basil-Mint Pesto, divided
- 6 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced, divided
- 1/4 cup pitted and sliced Kalamata olives, divided
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled, divided
- 16 cloves roasted garlic, divided
- 14 cherry tomatoes, halved, divided
- 1/2 lb lamb leg or shoulder, grilled and thinly sliced, divided
- 1/4 cup grated kefalotiri or Pecorino Romano cheese, divided
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula leaves, stems removed
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Basil-Mint Pesto (makes about 1/2 cup)1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup grated kefalotiri or Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbs pine nuts
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- PizzaSpread 1/4 cup pesto on each pizza crust to within 1-inch of edge. Top each with tomato slices. Sprinkle each with olives, feta, roasted garlic cloves, and cherry tomatoes.
- Bake pizzas in 475°F oven for 6 to 8 minutes until feta cheese is melted and pizza crust is lightly browned. Remove pizzas from oven and top with slices of lamb and Kefalotiri or Pecorino Romano cheese.
- Toss arugula with oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Divide and pile in center of each pizza.
- Basil-Mint Pesto (makes about 1/2 cup)Combine all ingredients in food processor and puree.
Calories from Fat 188 (43%)
(32%)Total Fat 21g
(27%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 41g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.