Ethiopian Lentil Curry
The delicate spices of Ethiopian food have made the restaurants increasingly popular, and now you can try it at home.
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbs amchar massala
- 2 Tbs massala molida
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (optional)
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent. Add minced garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Combine cauliflower, peas, and lentils in the pot, sprinkle with amchar massala and massala molida and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Pour crushed tomatoes and tomato paste into the pot and stir to combine. Add about 2 cups of water and bring curry to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer on low until lentils are tender; about an hour.
- Mix in plain yogurt and serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 54 (17%)
(10%)Total Fat 6g
(3%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 53g
(88%)Dietary Fiber 22g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.