Chili Salsa Beef
Chunky salsa beef stews are the pride of the range. Serve over aromatic rice like basmati.
- 1- 1/2 lbs beef for stew, cut in 1-1/4-inch pieces
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup prepared thick-and-chunky salsa
- 2 Tbs packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbs reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Brown beef in batches; pour off drippings. Return beef to pan.
- Stir in salsa, sugar, soy sauce and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Serve over rice.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 361 (57%)
(62%)Total Fat 40g
(76%)Saturated Fat 15g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 19g
Total Carbohydrate 34g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.