Healthnotes offers comprehensive, science-based health and lifestyle information.
Written with you in mind, Healthnotes answers the most commonly asked questions
with credible, easy-to-understand information — edited by physicians who review
over 550 scientific and medical journals to keep content current, factual, and balanced.
Chili Rubbed American Lamb with a Bean Medley Ragout
- 2 American Lamb Loins
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs chile powder
- 2 Tbs cilantro finely chopped
- 2 Tbs parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs lavender, finely chopped
- Bean Medley Ragout3 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into 1/4-inch cubes and blanched
- 1 poblano chili, roasted, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cooked fava beans
- 1/4 cup asparagus tips
- 1/4 cup butternut squash, chopped into 1/4-inch cubes and blanched
- 1 Tbs cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs canola oil
- 1 Tbs cilantro finely chopped
- 1 Tbs basil finely chopped
- 1 Tbs parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Au Jus for garnish
- Place lamb loins in a seal able plastic bag
- For marinade, combine oil, chili powder, cilantro, parsley, lavender and garlic.
- Add marinade to lamb, seal and rotate to coat lamb.
- Refrigerate for 8 to 24 hours.
- Remove lamb from bag and discard marinade.
- Roast lamb loins at 375°F for 15 to 25 minutes or to desired degree of doneness
- 145°F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium or 170°F for well
- Once lamb is cooked, remove from oven, cover and let stand for 5 minutes
- Reserve meat juice.
- Bean Medley RagoutIn skillet, cook bacon until crisp
- Remove bacon and crumble; set aside.
- Add garlic and shallots and sauté for 2 minutes.
- . Stir in carrot, poblano chili, beans, asparagus, squash, vinegar, oil, cilantro, basil and parsley.
- Season mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover, refrigerate and allow flavors to blend.
- To serve:Mound a portion of ragout in the center of each plate.
- Cut each loin into 8 slices and fan 4 slices out from beans.
- Serve with a drizzle of au jus.
- Tip:Look for prepared Au Jus in the meat department or frozen food section of your supermarket.
Calories from Fat 381 (68%)
(66%)Total Fat 43g
(40%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 27g
Total Carbohydrate 23g
(27%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.